Handy Tip: Too many project to remember what is what?

Radiussound

Do you know the feeling of not knowing how a project sounds like because there are too many projects?

What I always did was opening the project in Logic Pro X and play it. Downside of this is: It takes too much time. Especially when you open a project you don't wanna work on.

I found a easy fix, here are the steps!

1. Save your projects as folders.

2. Bounce a 5 second highlight of your track and save it in your project folder.

That's all.

Now it's very easy to listen how a project sounds like without opening the project!

Cheers

I bounce reference mixes as I work on piece.. Cause often I'll go thru a lot of changes, and then realize I went 'off course' several days ago, and have to back up and start from there.. Also useful if you leave a project, and then some of your virtual instruments die,, (like 32 - 64 bit plug-ins).. That way you have a reference to find a similar sound..

When I'm finally finished, I 'clean up' piece.. Just keep final version, unless, I think I might want to go back to it in a year.. and do some 'alternative' versions