Alchemy - Randomize and Prev/Next Preset

3ple

I just installed Logic Pro X and I love Alchemy.

I just find it annoying that we need to use the dropdown menu to Randomize and to pick another preset. I'm all about time-saving so we can focus more on making music.

Would be cool to have an R button to randomize and also < and > to go through the different presets (effects, arp, etc).

Hopefully Apple will understand this over time. Other than that, great synth!

You can use the usual key commands for next / previous plug-in seeing to switch presets.

What I mean is for example inside Alchemy, on the Effects section. You add a Reverb, for example. Then go to File (the one on the Reverb where you can also Save, Copy, Paste and Clear) > Preset and you pick a preset (Arena, Bottomless Pit, etc). That's where I think they should put < and > so we don't have to always click File > Preset. The same way you can pick different Sources for A, B, C, D, of the Filters.

You know what I mean? :)

Every section that has that sub-menu Preset under File, should have < and > to make everything easier and faster (in my opinion)

I see what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying.

No prob :) Let's hope they add this in a future update. I'm loving Alchemy and Logic so far! It just opened a new world for me. Logic Pro 8 and 9 since 2007 was becoming a bit obsolete for me, for my needs :P

That's why I love massive and Absynth. Both allow crazy randomization a on patches and parameters.

+1

Yeah when I was using Massive, that was a really helpful feature. Not something I find it "essencial", but definitely useful once in a while. :)