Full MIDI Tuning Standard Implementation!

airforceguitar

I have submitted a request to Apple to Implement a global MTS system where at various points in the project (score) a global “Universal SysEx” MIDI tuning command can be inserted. In other words, as long as the instrument plugins can receive SysEx #82, the entire composition can be temporarily tuned to a different key-center and temperament al-la 11-limit Just-Intonation. It could even be a new “Global-Track”! :) This would go a long way toward making our orchestral mock-ups sound like an ensemble of intuitively self-tuning musicians.  :mrgreen:

If others would request the same, Apple might create such a feature! Here’s what I wrote to Apple:

"The built-in tuning system is limited in that; other than using the Hermode tuning method, there isn’t a way to dynamically change tuning during a performance (Project file). Please consider implementing a full implementation of the MIDI Tuning Standard where at any point in the composition a new tuning schema and base frequency can be inserted globally, i.e. changing to a 7-limit Just-temperament with a Ab center (tonic) frequency. 

A scripter-based solution i.e. might work well for single channel-strips, however implementing a global system that allowed insertion of a MTS Universal SYSEX at various points in the composition (New Global Track?), that would be the easiest and most functional solution.”