proportionately adjust hyperdraw? (a la time&pitch machi

cb50dc

After selecting a range of hyperdraw nodes, is there any key combination or other procedure to apply a proportionate stretch (or compression) to them all, keeping the overall shape of the curve for both amplitude and low frequency?

Think of it as the time and pitch machine applied to "cycles" of automation, not audio hz. The example below may make it clearer than trying to describe it in more detail. (Producing that image in Photoshop is as easy as it should be to do this in Logic.)

This isn't just copying/extending the hyperdraw data -- at least as far as I can tell now, in my limited knowledge -- because that doesn't create a continuous adjustment of the automation. Tweaking much more than a few "cycles" becomes tedious 'way too quickly.

I'd also welcome suggestions of alternatives that might accomplish the same end or at least something close. Thanks.

automation.png.23f07021abb0de6081b5094288aed409.png

Option-resize the MIDI region. Actually faster than doing it in Photoshop!

LOL. It's 2:30 a.m. over here. I had already shut down Logic, but then I glanced back at and found this, so I HAD to open up the .lso again. From what little I tried just now, I see that I should have specified that (ideally) I want to resize automation independent of the note data.

For what I have in mind, at least still in the experimenting stage, this is still WAAAY more effective than putzing around with every friggin' node -- even though I think I have to add a couple of other steps:

1. backup the region (or an edited portion)

2. Use this resize trick

3. copy/paste the original notes (from the backup) into the newly-resized region.

I think that'll do it. I'll check it out more extensively tomorrow and this weekend, but already I'm more than happy with this.

Thanks very much, David!

best,

c

I want to resize automation independent of the note data.

Not a problem. Open an event list, and click on the note filter button. Select all, cut.

Select the track in arrange, choose Track > Create and pencil in a new region. In the event list, paste. Voila!

EDIT: Just read the remaining of your message. Yes, that's pretty much the same thing.

Sometimes I just copy the region on another track, and delete the cc data in the first one, delete the notes in the second.

In either case, I like to have my RBA in a separate region from my notes. When you want to merge back together, it's easy to do so.

... Open an event list, and click on the note filter button....

The first thing (option-resize, etc) works better for me. thanks. But it's always good to know alternative means of getting something done, and as I haven't yet done much of anything with the Events window, this gave me a first-time sense of, "Ahh, OK, so I can do THAT kind of thing." More to play with. Much appreciated, David.

Sometimes I just copy the region on another track, and delete the cc data in the first one, delete the notes in the second.

In either case, I like to have my RBA in a separate region....

What advantages does this offer?

And how does RBA in one track affect another track? I see the Options>Track Automation functions (and p. 328 in the Reference) -- is that the key to doing this?

Thanks again, very much.

c