Inexpensive Studio Funriture

hey..I'm in the midst of rebuilding my little studio area, and stumbled across this at Guitar Center:

http://www.studiorta.com/catalog/details.cfm?catalog_id=393

Street price is about $350, and it's lot a LOT of room. I opted for the dark cherry veneer instead of the maple...looks a LOT nicer. As soon as I get everything put in and wired up and running, I'll post a picture or two.

That's a sweet looking desk. Good luck with that!

I've been scouring craigslist in the free sections waiting for the perfect...anything really, to grab my attention. There have been some great looking desks, a free baby grand, a reel to reel by TEAC, desk chairs, organs, stereo speakers (for A/B-ing against my monitors) etc etc etc...of course, I've been the second or third person calling so I miss out everytime, but my day will come...mark my words!

That sounded like a rant, didn't it?

X

http://www.studiorta.com/catalog/details.cfm?catalog_id=392

Thats the desk Ive been using... Ive been pretty happy with it. Only problem I could see is if you get really big monitors (speakers) and want to lay them on their sides, and then have a big display...you might run out of room on the top shelf. Has tons of rack mounting spots though. No slide out keyboard tray, but i sit really high so eh. For 200 bucks it was a steal.

My only recommendation for DAW-based setups is to be able to setup monitors so that you are never, ever looking up at your monitors.

What do I mean?

I have monitors desktop, desk-mounted, wall mounted, arm mounted, and it's always better when the tops of the monitors are no higher than eye level so you can tilt your head downwards in a comfortable fashion.

This is my opinion of course and everyone is entitled to read and subsequently disagree.

Best,

yoink