Native Wet / Dry on all Plugins

Nogan

It'd be really nice to see something like a wet / dry mix knob next to each plugin instance.

There are countless reasons that I feel this should be implemented, but among the more important to me are:

- To check signal variation (how the strength of the plugin affects that sound at different wet / dry increments {especially in plugins like distortions})

- To lessen effects that don't have their own mix controls

- Greater ease of automation (for the effects that are relatively simple, but require each parameter changing to be automated in order to produce the desired mix effect)

- On the fly sound-tweaking (big workflow bonus!!!)

I don't know what the implications of having something like this are as far as CPU and HD usage goes, so I propose a corollary.

Each mix knob could have active toggles in order to disable the work done from having 2 signal instances per plugin.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
A bit of a personal update on this one, but I've noticed that this is a feature that other DAWs have built in. I think to further clarify my point, this could be nicely implemented in either the general top bar that each plugin carries, or on the actual channel strip itself (mixer, inspector tab).