Auditioning 3rd Party MIDI Drum Loops in Loop Browser???

deckard1

Hi,

I was hoping to be able to open the loop browser in Logic X and have my 3rd party MIDI GM drum loops listed so I could audition the drum loops by clicking on the different configurations. Is this possible in Logic X? 

I tried to set it up, but, could not figure it out. 

Thanks. 

With MIDI loops, you have to first put them onto a track that has a software instrument. So I would first create a software instrument track, choose a Drum patch from the library, then drag and drop the MIDI region onto the loop browser to index it as an Apple Loop. 

Thanks.

I tried dragging the MIDI files into the Apple Loops folder but it appears the Apple Loops are .caf files? Is the .caf format just for audio files? Any chance of converting the MIDI loops into .caf files or something Apple Loops will accept? I only ask because what if you have something like 2,000 MIDI drum loops that you want to import into Apple Loops?

With MIDI loops, you have to first put them onto a track that has a software instrument. So I would first create a software instrument track, choose a Drum patch from the library, then drag and drop the MIDI region onto the loop browser to index it as an Apple Loop. 

I tried dragging the MIDI files into the Apple Loops folder but (...)

I forgot one step! So: 

1. Create a software instrument track.
  2. Choose a Drum patch from the Library.
  3. Drag and drop the MIDI file onto that track. 
  4. Drag and drop the MIDI region onto the Loop Browser. 

Any chance of converting the MIDI loops into .caf files or something Apple Loops will accept? I only ask because what if you have something like 2,000 MIDI drum loops that you want to import into Apple Loops?

I suppose you could drag and drop all 2,000 MIDI files onto the same software instrument track? Also check this out, see if it could help you make batch Apple Loops? http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/loopeditor/

• 7 years later...