Logic 10.3.1 is out now.

David Nahmani

anyone using it with 10.11 El Capitan. How does it run?

Very smooth and quick. Best performance I've had with LPX so far (notwithstanding my issue with Remote). I have absolutely no intention of going to Sierra until I absolutely have to, and then I will be kicking and screaming.

That´s a bit weird I think. I run it on Sierra and it works very good. 

I've read about problems with Logic and Sierra, and this computer cost me a bomb. Successive updates made my 2011 Mini-Server unuseable for recording. So, I am being conservative with OS updates this time around. Logic 10.3.1 is running more smoothly, quickly, and, for what I do, problem-free than ever before for me. So, I ain't changing what don't need changing. Simple.  :!:

Anyone else noticing problems with PDC (plugin delay compensation) in 10.3 and 10.31?   I've found that adding plugins now shifts tracks by a few samples and causes phase issues.  I tested it with two idential out-of-phase tracks, and adding any kind of plugin seems to cause shifting...    This has already caused me some major mixing headaches.

Am I nuts or is anyone else getting this wonky behavior?

Anyone else noticing problems with PDC (plugin delay compensation) in 10.3 and 10.31?   I've found that adding plugins now shifts tracks by a few samples and causes phase issues.  I tested it with two idential out-of-phase tracks, and adding any kind of plugin seems to cause shifting...    This has already caused me some major mixing headaches.

Not sure, but when I tried yesterday parallel drum processing, I dropped it because the sound got a little "phasey". And when I added linear phase mode to the Pro-Q2, I had a huge delay. But it could have been because of the processing itself though. 

Are there any AU3 format plugins out there yet? Perhaps a sticky topic that lists them as they appear.....?

cool idea. my guess Vienna Symphonic Library will be first with Vienna Ensemble Pro 6!

Finally an elegant way to take advantage of all available resources  and midi channels.

For VEP6 AU v3 we could then mimic MIDI channel workflows recently only possible with VST3 plugins.

Not sure, but when I tried yesterday parallel drum processing, I dropped it because the sound got a little "phasey". And when I added linear phase mode to the Pro-Q2, I had a huge delay. But it could have been because of the processing itself though. 

I have very recently reprinted (overal bounce) various former projects (created in 10.2.4) using 10.3.0 (I've not yet installed 10.3.1). Many of them include parallel drum compression (or other cases of parallel processing), I did not notice any phasing issues.

I have very recently reprinted (overal bounce) various former projects (created in 10.2.4) using 10.3.0 (I've not yet installed 10.3.1). Many of them include parallel drum compression (or other cases of parallel processing), I did not notice any phasing issues.

I also think it was introduced by the processing I did. 

Interesting..  I'll do more tests today.  Yesterday I was working with parallel processing on a template i've used for years without trouble.  But this time it was causing major phasing the minute I sent anything to the parallel bus...    I wonder if it could be affected by sample rate, or clocking.   I still have 10.24 on my laptop so I may try to install that on my desktop again so I can do side by side tests and bounces with the same project file.

Limit dragging to one direction still does not work on the Tracks page if modifier keys are used to make a copy or alias.

An additional annoyance, is that even if you are careful to make sure your midi region is on the same track as you drag, but if the tip of your mouse cursor drifts on to the adjacent track, and if that track is frozen, then when you let go of the mouse you get the error about the track being frozen, and the drag operation is not carried out, even though your region was on the correct track when you let go.

Best fix ever: 

Names of Aliases are again displayed with an italic font.

I was so confused when this changed in 10.3.0 

Yes, but original regions are still often styled incorrectly when they are looped, appearing as loops rather than originals.

Limit dragging to one direction still does not work on the Tracks page if modifier keys are used to make a copy or alias.

It works but it's fiddly depending on the Preference set because the shift key is also the toggle for this behaviour.

So if your preference is set to limit tracks you will have to press option - shift and then release and hold shift again to toggle back to x/y restriction.

Best fix ever: 

Names of Aliases are again displayed with an italic font.

I was so confused when this changed in 10.3.0 

Yes, but original regions are still often styled incorrectly when they are looped, appearing as loops rather than originals.

Yup... that behaviour is since 10.2, right? Although it's not always, and on all tracks. And I think it also depends on the zoom level. 

It works but it's fiddly depending on the Preference set because the shift key is also the toggle for this behaviour.

So if your preference is set to limit tracks you will have to press option - shift and then release and hold shift again to toggle back to x/y restriction.

Gotta try this again. It was always a little annoying, that when creating aliases the limit didn't work. I use the default short cut for that (I think).

Logic Pro X is not showing an update for me. In addition, it's no longer showing in Purchases either. This is a recent issue. All was well when I moved from US to U.K. Back in Jan 2016 all was well. Have done updates since then, until now.

Somewhere I found trashing app then restoring from trash worked.. but it didn't.

For me it worked as it should before 10.3.  

It used to be that you could hold down the modifier keys first, then click and drag the region, but this behaviour changed in 10.3, you now have to click the region first, which has involved quite a bit of finger-memory re-training! (Why can't they just leave some things alone?) Maybe it's something to do with that, why the limit to one direction doesn't work.  

In general, I find that many mouse and keyboard operations have become much more tricky/sticky since 10.3.

I'm excited to hear this BUT: For some reason, the App store says there are no updates for me (yet I'm running Logic X 10.2.4) ~ When I go to the Logic page there, it still won't let me download it? Logic X shows up on my purchase page, but there's no update option :( What gives? Anybody else?