"Follow tempo" checkbox AWOL. So...

Studio162A

I have a song which slows at the end. This is already written into the Global Tracks tempo track. I then record an audio track. It sounds on the beat but is visually off during the ritard, though it visually lines up with the grid before and after the ritard. If I then turn on Flex in the audio editor the "Flex" checkbox appears in the Region parameter box. When that checkbox is marked the waveform matches the audio I am hearing during the ritard. I was looking for the "Follow tempo" checkbox to deal with this but it does not appear in the Region parameter boxes of any audio regions. (See attachment for a screenshot of the region in question.)

I want to place some automation during the ritard. What is the proper way to deal with this situation? 

And I do have "Advanced Tools turned on.

Jim

1670036599_Nofollowtempobox.thumb.png.a0e7321585aa0bfaba6697789791320f.png

Further to my original post...

If I record before the tempo change and select the region the "Follow tempo" checkbox appears. Same thing for a region recorded after the tempo change. But any region which includes the tempo change results in that checkbox refusing to appear. 

What am I not comprehending? It wouldn't be the first time, but still...

Jim

Thanks as always for the reply, Eric.

The region displayed was recorded after I had already made the tempo map. And when I play the region it follows the beat, but visually the waveform is off. What, then, should I do if I want to create automation nodes on, for instance, quarter notes? The visual/audio dissonance is troublesome for us compulsive types.

Jim