Can't hear tone knob adjustments when monitoring

Rolomoto
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I have an electric guitar running through a Focusrite 2i2 into Logic via USB with the outs from the 2i2 going to monitors. The track is armed for recording and input monitoring is on. If I listen through the headphone jack on the 2i2 I can hear tone knob adjustments but I can't hear those adjustments through the monitors, if anything I perceive a slight change in gain. If I record the track and twist the tone knob I can hear those adjustments on playback but not while I'm recording. 

Thanks

Choose Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio, click the "General" tab, and deselect "Software monitoring."

Now play your source and listen. Can you hear it? Yes? Well you shouldn't. So hunt your Focusrite for monitoring settings and turn it off. You'll know you've succeeded when you can no longer hear your source. 

Now turn Software monitoring back on and you'll hear your sound through Logic along with the effect. 

PS: Make sure "Input monitoring only for focused track...." is NOT selected in Logic's General audio prefs. 

I found that my monitors, Yamaha HS-8s, have an exaggerated low frequency response due to room reflections. I am able to cut the signal below 500HZ by 4db with a switch on the monitors and this helps greatly. In other words, I can now hear the guitar's tone knob adjustments through the monitors. Still not as good as through the headphones but usable.