10.3 and certification

GCritchley

Hi

I'd like to end up with instructor status at some point fairly soon, so it looks like I should start with an end user level 2 exam. I see that the latest prep study book is for 10.2, Should I wait until June for the 10.3 book release or will the cert tests be based on < 10.3? I don't wanna be stumped by the new features I don't know from the book, but I want to prep for the latest certification too

Thoughts? - thanks!!

Level 2 exams no longer exist. You need to get your user certification before you can attend a T3T (Train The Trainer) class to acquire your Apple Certified Trainer (ACT) status. 

If you attend a T3T before June then it will be the current 10.2.4 exam - and the current book. If you attend a T3T after June then it will be the new 10.3.1 exam - and the 10.3 book. Note that the differences are subtle anyway. 

I recommend you ask all those questions directly to Apple though, so that you can get your answers straight from the Apple Training team. 

Thanks David. In your opinion, would those subtleties you refer to be addressed in an addendum to the current book? I guess what I'm getting at, is I'd like to get started rather than wait. Again, if this is a question for Apple, I'll ask them. Appreciate it!! (although find a means to ask them will need another book :)