Cycle no longer follows marker selection

sethjwilson

I have markers set to the beginning and end of songs. I use these to match the cycle time to the marker time for bounce. There are several songs in one session. Before today, I could select that marker and the yellow cycle thing would match the markers selection. Now it stopped working. I have tried auto set cycle to marque selection but it doesn't work. 

I did just update to the newest Logic X. I don't think that could have changed anything. I must have hit a key command accidentally. 

I want the yellow cycle area to go along with each Marker area. Please help.

What I meant to say is I want the cycle selection to follow Marker selection. Not Marque selection. 

Last time I was mixing when I option clicked a marker in the marker window, the cycle would follow that. 

Yes. That's what I understood, and answered to. 

Last time I was mixing when I option clicked a marker in the marker window, the cycle would follow that. 

I don't think I've ever experienced that behavior in Logic?

Shift-clicking on a Marker in the Marker track when the Global Tracks is CLOSED will set and enable the Cycle locators to that marker. This works whether the Cycle button is on or off. 

If Global Tracks is open, shift-clicking on a marker only selects a marker (or more markers with shift held). Shift-clicking on markers in the marker window does the same thing. Neither sets or enables the Cycle locators. 

Like David, I've never seen option-clicking on a marker in any window behave as you describe. Maybe the shift-marker click with a closed Global tracks will work for you. 

• 8 months later...
Thanks Plowman!

That helped me to figure this out.

If you drag the marker up into the cycle track then the cycle will match that marker. After doing that you can select each marker and the yellow cycle thing will follow. 

"If you drag the marker up into the cycle track then the cycle will match that marker": It works for me

"After doing that you can select each marker and the yellow cycle thing will follow": It doesn't work for me. Maybe since 10.3.3 ?