Frontier Design Alphatrack not working on OS 10.12.3 / Logic 10.3.1

turbofoda

Did you try this:

I have been trying for ages to get it working after the update to 10.4.1 broke it again and wanted to share what worked for me yesterday!!!

I used the synclavier installer as normal, copied the AlphaTrack.bundle as described by markalex49 above. Alphatrack wouldn't show up in control surfaces, not even in italics.

I could just about install it in HUI mode so figured the driver was working.

The issue was that after copying the AlphaTrack.bundle into the LPX /Contents/Plugins/MIDI Device Plug-ins folder it had incorrect permissions.

The fix is to Ctrl-click or right click on the LPX /Contents/Plugins/MIDI Device Plug-ins folder, Get Info on the folder, click on the gear icon and choose Apply to enclosed items. This will set the owner and group for the AlphaTrack.bundle to system and admin.

Alphatrack then appeared in the control surfaces list (not in italics) and was instantly recognised again by logic when plugged back in :)

My two cents. Would love to resurrect my AlphaTrack so I found this great thread! Bought the Synclavier drivers. Installed, nothing works. Saw Jim's post above today and got a glimpse of hope but nope! Nothing. Actually, there is no "AlphaTrack.bundle into the LPX /Contents/Plugins/MIDI Device Plug-ins" folder. And when I try to scan for the device and it does not find it Logic has a list of devices to be added manually and the AlphaTrack is not even available (Tranzport is, however!). Anyways, this whole thing has been such a bummer!!!

Did you copy the alphatrack.bundle into LPX /Contents/Plugins/MIDI Device Plug-ins? You have to do that bit manually, then do the permissions thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I have to say that i'm having it fully working on Sierra with Logic Pro X 10.4.4.

How? I've installed Mavericks, installed Alphatrack drivers and updated to Sierra.

Simple right? :)

At least it's working 100% on a iMac A1312 mid 2011 so far.

Hope this helped someone...

Cheers!

Forgot to say i've followed these steps also as usual:

"Open the Mac’s Applications folder and locate the ‘Logic Pro’ application icon (do not launch Logic).

1. CTRL+Click, or Right-Click on the icon, and select “Show Package Contents” from the menu that

appears. Do not launch the Logic application.

2. Open the folder “Contents” to access the folder “MIDI Device Plug-Ins”.

3. AlphaTrack.bundle goes inside the MIDI Device Plug-Ins folder and should replace any previous

version that may already exist there.

4. Launch Logic 8, go to Preferences/Control Surfaces and select “Rebuild Defaults”.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: Solved! I mistakenly copied all the files into 'Macintosh/Users/peanutismint/Library/' instead of the Library folder in the root of my system HDD (e.g. 'Macintosh/Library'. Once I moved them it worked perfectly! It's back!!!!!

Original post:

I'm trying to get my AlphaTrack running on High Sierra (10.13.6), and to make matters more complicated I'm running it on a Hackintosh PC.....! I've not bought the Synclavier drivers yet because I'm pretty sure they're just what I already have but with correct permissions, which doesn't matter to me because Hackintoshes run with SIP disabled as standard...

So I've followed all the instructions here, copied all the files into the right places, applied the kext, but still had no Alphatrack in the 'Alphatrack manager'. However when I manually started the 'AlphaTrackDaemon' executable, it popped up...! Which is weird because I know I copied that plist file into the LaunchAgents folder...

So my question now is, do I have to manually run that daemon every time I want to use my Alphatrack? Or is there a way I'm missing to get it to start every time I boot my computer??

Edited by peanutismint

I just updated to High Sierra this week and Logic 10.4.5 and now Alphatrack seems to crash Logic. I get it to show up in the control surface window but when I launch a new project Logic immediately quits before anything is loaded. I then have to take the driver out of the plugins folder in order to open Logic. I’m now using the old Faderport but really miss Alphatrack.

• 4 weeks later...

...and working again on Logic 10.4.6!!!!!

(after doing the permissions fix on the MIDI Device Plugins directory after copying the bundle file back in as I just do now as a matter of course)

I did send a crash report to Apple with 10.4.5. Nothing in the release notes about Alphatrack, but it's back!!!!!

Whooop!!!!

...and working again on Logic 10.4.6!!!!!

(after doing the permissions fix on the MIDI Device Plugins directory after copying the bundle file back in as I just do now as a matter of course)

I did send a crash report to Apple with 10.4.5. Nothing in the release notes about Alphatrack, but it's back!!!!!

Whooop!!!!

Well that's super exciting!! I'm updating Logic now so hopefully will be pleasantly surprised.

I also have Alphatrack completely working in 10.4.6. I posted in another 10.4.5 specific thread that the bundle AT bundle was causing a consistent crash in Logic. I was able to at least use the fader by being in HUI mode and removing the AT bundle from Logic Midi Devices.

Not in 10.4.6, I reinstalled all of the files (the AT Manager files needed to be in User/Library), and now AT Manager and AT seem to be working completely. AT Manager is in Logic Mode and I'm no longer getting a crash when adding new instruments. All of the functions appear to working including FLIP parameters to fader! Awesome. I have a feeling this might not be the case with Catalina but great to have it back working!!!

• 3 years later...

Working with Logic 10.6.3 and Catalina.

If you already have an old installation you just install the free synclavier package

otherwise you have to do the old procedure first.

dont forget to put Alphatrack.bundle file in: LPX /Contents/Plugins/MIDI Device Plug-ins

This can maby work with newer operative system also.

Edited by Roofe