Controlling Motif ES 8 with Logic Midi Out? In templates as well?

RoyFan

I'd like to make my templates also have set Patches that they control on my Yamaha Motif.. Reason being so I don't have to scroll thru the Motif for sounds..

Rather have certain tracks set to always do midi out to certain patches on the Motif..

Is this possible?

As an important follow up, how do I actually select the Motif Patch once I add an external midi track?  Will I see names ? Where would I see them?

Thanks

I've looked at some youtube videos..and can control my motif.. but can only change patches by physically changing the motif..  I am able to select the motif patch with an external midi in logic,..but the output is muted.. i've tried an auxillary track.. but to no avail

In the track parameter box of an external midi track, you have entries for patch number and bank select. I never used it but if your midi tracks are selected from a multi instrument object in the environnment, you can create patch names for your ext. synth. If your midi tracks are all from "individual" instruments, just select the patch, bank and midi channel of each in your template. Done

Blink

In the track parameter box of an external midi track, you have entries for patch number and bank select. I never used it but if your midi tracks are selected from a multi instrument object in the environnment, you can create patch names for your ext. synth. If your midi tracks are all from "individual" instruments, just select the patch, bank and midi channel of each in your template. Done

Blink

Hey thanks..   I think i did what you said..  No luck ......

Have you controlled your motif patch from logic ?  or a different hw synth?