change one 4/4 measure to 2/4 time from a midi file

jeffloven

I purchased a midi file -the original song has many tempo dynamics I'm wanting to capture. I know how to tap quarters in to beat map it but I have found the midi file has one measure of 4/4 where it's actually supposed to be 2/4. Is there a way for me to cut 2 beats out of this measure..?...there is just a held note and I cut it out of the midi file but need to make the measure time signature reflect it also to get my new beatmap to work (I am very excited to have this advanced feature from Logic-it will save me hours)

oops. now when i tap in perfect quarternotes to the recording of Toby keith (gulp) and play it back the notes are not in sync with the recording regardless if SMPTE is on or off and I 'm in low latency mode. I have tried every combination of options. I just don't get it. I'm going to start completely over again for the 7 or 8th time here...uggh...

Okay. I have successfully tapped in the quarter notes. they play along with the prerecorded track audio. I have successfully applied beats from region to rewrite the tempo and the  metronome plays along with the track now also. BUT-all of the midi is off grid and does not play correctly...

OK, recap: you have a MIDI file. There is one measure of 4/4 in there that you say should be one measure of 2/4? Right?

Well, what you need to do is cut all regions on the 3rd beat, and on the 1 of the next beat, then select all those and delete them and then... wait, I'll make a movie.

First, select all regions and split:

Onemeasureinbetween1.gif.956638cb989418ce7548fe2a75bac495.gif

then, select all right hand regions, move them left to reconnect, then go to the signature list and create two new time signatures as shown:

Onemeasureinbetween2.gif.16deb510cb8216ae71b35c8a43318366.gif