Ultrabeat sample triggering delay

julienr93
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a very strange issue with Ultrabeat. On one particular drum kit that I own, the midi is triggered late whenever I try to play the kit on my keyboard. Now mind you, it is not some general setting, as this happens only on this particular kit and it always happens on this kit (even if I load it in a new session). I also noticed that it is not due to Ultrabeat receiving the midi late as the Ultrabeat buttons (on the left hand side of the GUI) activate when I play. Yet all the samples play late (and I mean at least 100-150ms).

Anyone have a clue what could be going on?

I'm on Logic Pro X 10.3.1

It's possible that the samples themselves have a 100-150ms leading silence at their beginning. Or that the instrument was poorly programmed. If you want to share it, create a new empty project, 1 software instrument track, load ultrabeat, load the instrument, save the Logic project as a folder and select "Ultrabeat Samples" in the Save dialog, and attach that project here.

Hey David,

Thanks for your reply! 

It's definitely not the samples themselves since when I actually program the drums, it plays just fine. the delay only really happens when I am playing the instrument live. Again, not a midi latency issue since UB recognizes the midi input at the right time but triggers the sample late. Very probably some poor programming on my part or something I overlooked.

Here's a link to a google drive file if you have a couple of minutes to take a look. It's all consolidated so everything should be in there. Let me know if you have an issue opening the project.

cheers and thanks again!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwNKvJNmpUFjN2tQVURmblk4T1E