Saving Audio Patch with Bus

winip

I've been trying for the past 2 hours to come up with a way to save an audio patch with its bus setting. The patch saves fine (the bus routing appears as it should), but the bus itself that I create is missing when I load the patch. What am I missing here? I notice that stock patches when loaded are complete with bus routings and the actual busses.

Thank you,

paul

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I've tried creating an aux and a channel whose send feeds the aux. In the mixer I highlight both and create a summing track stack. Then I save the patch. However, when I load the patch again the input of the Aux is now Bus 3 (as opposed to the original Bus 1) and the Send on the audio track has switched to Bus 2 (as opposed to the original Bus 1). Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Thank you,

paul

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I've tried creating an aux and a channel whose send feeds the aux. In the mixer I highlight both and create a summing track stack. Then I save the patch. However, when I load the patch again the input of the Aux is now Bus 3 (as opposed to the original Bus 1) and the Send on the audio track has switched to Bus 2 (as opposed to the original Bus 1). Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Thank you,

paul

I can't say this is what's happening, but make sure you don't already have busses/auxs in your project. If you already have 2 auxiliary tracks in your mixer (let's say using Bus 1 and Bus 2), Logic will automatically create the other busses needed to load the patch you saved.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that if you have an aux already on your mixer with the same reverb as the one saved in the patch, it will use that aux. It's a bit complicated, the whole process of saving and loading patches, because of the routing, but hope this helps.

Thank you,

paul

Also, when you create a summing track, that alone uses a Bus/Aux so basically the Channel Strip and the Aux you created, when grouped as a summing track, are already being sent to a bus. So let's say the Aux you have is Aux/Bus 1. Once you select both the Aux 1 and Channel Strip and create the summing track, they will be sent to Aux/Bus 2.

And then of course, as I previously said, if you are working on a project that already have Bus 1 and Bus 2 being used, then you will have Bus 3 and Bus 4 just for that patch.

Hope it makes sense.

Thank you 3ple and Jakob. I really appreciate your help.

Yep, that was what I wasn't understanding - the fact that what I'm actually creating is a 2nd Bus. It's working properly (just like you said), and I think I now understand what's going on and why it's working - the OCD part of my brain needs that.

Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada and thank you so much.

paul

• 8 months later...