converting Acid>Apple Loops? Sample Manager

rikki rivett

Sample Manager does this perfectly! The whole process is very quick. Once your Acid .wav files are converted to 44.1kHz aif Apple Loops with correct tempo & beat information, you can then load the files into the Apple Loops Utility for batch or individual tagging (genre/Instrument/key etc.). Once this is done & you've saved the results, you will have a new set of Apple Loops which you can drag onto the Loop Browser and they will be indexed perfectly.

Really, really useful. If you're not on Tiger yet-I'm not either- the Panther version of Sample Manager does the job with no problems. You might have to repair permissions before resaving the files if they came from a sample CD or commercial source (as they probably will).

RR

You don't have to go through all that. You can simply drag your folder containing the acid loops onto the loop browser. That's it.

well, yes & no...maybe, I think?

Tempo information and loop length is read by the Loop Browser directly from the Acid file; but I had a bunch of Acid files whose instrument and key were not. That's why I did the batch retagging in the Loop Utility.

What I don't actually know is whether Instrument/Key information was contained in the Acid files and the Loop Browser doesn't read it, or whether those files were Acidized with only Beat/Tempo information, no more. That would be useful to know but I'd need the program Acid to check -maybe someone could do this. Does the Acid format allow more tagging than just Beat/Tempo?

Of course you're right that if it's possible to read *all* the Acid tags just by dragging onto the Loop Browser, that is much easier.

If you want to add your own tags to .wav files using the Apple Loops Utility however, the loops do have to be saved again as aif. files (as I'm sure you know David :wink:)

best

RR

Ok, well, of course Acid does include Pitch (Key) tags.

I tried dragging some Acid loops on the Utility with mixed results.....sometimes the Utility got the ptich, sometimes not. Sometimes it got the wrong pitch; sometimes none at all; and Eb was read as E (for instance) But I'd have to check the tagging on Acid itself to be sure whether the problem is in the tagging or in the Utility.

RR

• 1 month later...
No-only if you want to edit the loops in the Apple loop utility. Otherwisw, they're fine as .wav

Even in that case, you don't have to convert a .wav file, you can open it in the Apple loop utility too. It's only once you save the edited version of the file that the Apple Loop Utility saves as an AIFF file (it does the conversion for you).

• 18 years later...
38 minutes ago, keano12 said:

@David Nahmani this is an old post here I noticed. So, I can drag acid loop into the apple browser and it should work? Adapting to the Logic bpm? I assume keys of songs won't work,

Thanks

Yes, dragging ACID loops to the loop browser will open a prompt asking if you want to add the loops to your Untagged Loops, and then the loops will follow tempo when dragged in a project from the Untagged Loop browser. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Yes, dragging ACID loops to the loop browser will open a prompt asking if you want to add the loops to your Untagged Loops, and then the loops will follow tempo when dragged in a project from the Untagged Loop browser. 

Thank you David