Why do my wave forms look distorted

Clint1234

Below you will see two images of the same snare hit (different amounts of zoom). This is what all of my wave forms in all off my logic projects now look like. None of them looked this way a week ago. They all still sound fine but look block like and distorted when they used to look like evenly decaying and round waveforms. Does anybody know what happened?

1304299675_Distortedwaveformmidzoom.png.de5d4718a9a0ac5422d1e14e856aeaed.png

2120947414_Distortedwaveformdetailedzoom.png.2fa6f38b3a0f5f9f90d053f29d5664b5.png

Below you will see two images of the same snare hit (different amounts of zoom). This is what all of my wave forms in all off my logic projects now look like. None of them looked this way a week ago. They all still sound fine but look block like and distorted when they used to look like evenly decaying and round waveforms. Does anybody know what happened?

The more you zoom in, the more it will be squared. I'm not sure how much you know about digital audio, but assuming you don't know how it works, it's all 0's and 1's so there are no smooth (aka analog) waveforms. But you only see it that way when you zoom in like crazy. That's what bits and the sample rate are for. To smooth a waveform as much as possible. Yet, there will never be a 100% smooth waveform, because it's all 0 or 1.

Hope it makes sense :)