Ultrabeat Samples exist, but Ultrabeat shows no Drum Kits option!

CIMD
Go to solution Solved by 3ple,

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and to Logic pro itself so this may be a stupid question...

So when I first tried out Ultrabeat it was a couple days ago and I was only messing around and trying to figure out the interface. I noticed you could change the Factory Default preset to another stock drum kit, which I thought I would use. Just recently, I noticed that whole "Drum Kits" option had completely disappeared from the menu, how bizarre. So I dug around on the internet a bit to see if someone else had this issue, I couldn't find any forum which talked about this specifically. I did find some useful information on where drum kits are stored; they're in the Ultrabeat Samples folder if I am correct. To my surprise the samples were still intact and hadn't been moved from their initial location. So then I tried to reinstall my sound library to see if that would get Ultrabeat to look for these samples, but it did nothing. I'll post a screenshot so you guys can see what I am talking about, because I hadn't seen this problem before. This right here is the drop down menu at the top of the Ultrabeat plugin window:

http://i.imgur.com/m65rugh.pngThat "1stbeat" preset is just something I made while messing around, I don't think it would have caused this issue since I tried deleting it before.

Does any Logic Pro X guru have any idea what's going on here??!! Please help.

• Solution

Go to your main hard drive and go here:

HD (whatever name you have here) > Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings

See if you have the Ultrabeat folder. If you do, open it and see if you have anything inside. My best bet is that you either don't have the Ultrabeat folder or it's empty. The reason why that happened, it's unknown :P

Anyway, download this file and upload to your computer.

Ultrabeat Factory Presets.zip

These are all the presets that come with Logic when you download the content. Hope it's helpful. Keep me posted! :)

Thank you so much, sir. For some reason those folders had gotten deleted. Why? I'm not sure, but I still thank you a lot for helping me solve my problem and possibly other's problems.

You're welcome! :) glad I could help.

And yes, sometimes weird things happen and we can't explain why. But glad that your problem is now solved. Enjoy and go make amazing music! ;)