ladies & gentlemen: high sierra (the public beta)

fisherking

...did you also implement the new file system?...and if so, what procedure did you follow?...tia.../s~

If you have an SSD installed, it will automatically default to the new file system. You can choose to use the new file system for spinning drives. I've converted my non SSD which holds all of my samples (Kontakt libraries, etc) to the new file system without any problems. 

better than nothing, but not much of a list.

working (for me): fabfilter, u-he, hornet, tone2, izotope, sonic academy, new sonic arts, cableguys, nexus2, pianoteq, spire, synthmaster, valhalla, spc plugins, sugar bytes....

High Sierra will only convert your system drive automatically (if SSD) so you don't have to worry about this.

If in doubt you can disconnect our external drive prior to the update.

For you out there that want to upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra but don't want to change the file system from HFS+ to APFS you can try this:

1. Download High Sierra from the Mac App Store.
  2. Quit the installer when it prompts you to install.
  3. Launch the Terminal and type the following:
    /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO
  4. Proceed with the install.

Yeah, Jay - I don't think Fusion Drives are supported by AFPS yet (which I think you know about). 

I am wondering too if it makes sense to convert external SSD drives (I.e. sample drives). Which seems to me gains you all the speed of AFPS - so I think it would make sense. But perhaps not? 

I am waiting a bit to update to HS, as I have a couple things to finish first. But sometime next month I will make the jump.

Yeah, Jay - I don't think Fusion Drives are supported by AFPS yet (which I think you know about). 

I am wondering too if it makes sense to convert external SSD drives (I.e. sample drives). Which seems to me gains you all the speed of AFPS - so I think it would make sense. But perhaps not? 

I am waiting a bit to update to HS, as I have a couple things to finish first. But sometime next month I will make the jump.

am not seeing the kind of speed bump that would make me reformat my external drives (including the SSDs) with AFPS. but both my macs (both with SSDs) are on the new file system...

Since, I didn't have any active projects, I made the jump to High Sierra :D

Installation went smooth, all my audio stuff seems to be working fine. Off the 330 plugins, only 2 plugins from Sinevibes didn't validate correctly in LPX. High Sierra cleared up about 5GB extra space from Sierra.

I usually wait about 6 months, but this update seems to have far less issues with the transition. I hope this trend continues.