Personal request for a better forum (I guess/hope)

3ple

Maybe you can get in touch with them and ask to change? If you notice that, just let them know. Maybe they don't even realize :P

I would not dare, as some might be offended...

Besides, considering my membership status, I don't think having the authority as you do.

It depends on how you approach them. And not everybody gets offended by a simple and polite request. For example, if you write it this way:

Hi XYZ how are you doing today? :) Sorry to bother you, but we are all trying to make this forum better and I saw you share the same profile picture as ABC (link to profile here). Since that can become a bit confusing, would you mind updating yours to something unique? You don't have to, of course, but if you do, that would ne awesome, as it will make everything easier for all of us. Thanks 

Something like this. I don't think anyone would be offended. I know I wouldn't ;) And if they do, then move on and try the other user instead. :)

Regarding the "authority", I don't even think about it, to be honest. Even if I wasn't a moderator, I would still do it :P I think we should see ourselves as members of a community, not as a hierarchy. We already have that in our society and that only brings passiveness and people thinking they cannot change the world, just because they are "just citizens" ;) Just say what you think, be polite and forget about the status, the authority. :)