A small warning when updating to macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Eric Cardenas

Thank you.

You think it would be better to move any samples of mine (from the past) that are in the root/Library/Application Support/Logic into the ~/Music/Audio Music Apps

It might work now but I see it happening in future disk driver/system os/logic updates messing things up.

The same thing with the root/Library/Audio/Presets and it's user ~ version.

Why is it still there...

cheers

Kevin

(I have no user/library/application support/logic folder anyway).

This is the one that is used by Logic Pro 9.

You should not run into any problems if you are missing this folder.

The important one is the ~/Music/Music Apps Folder.

Everything should be "ok-ish" as long as that one is intact.

• 4 weeks later...
I posted a new topic about this as well, however when I run that terminal command, it tells me that that .HFS+ directory folder does not exist. I'm experiencing serious latency issues since upgrading to 10.4 and high sierra as well. When I get home this evening I'm going to try and see if there's a smart tempo control accidentally set somewhere that's causing this to happen, however if anyone has had a similar experience with a successful work around, I'd love to hear it. Bascially, I had a handful of softward instruments just start playing about a second or two behind the rest of the beat out of nowhere while working on a project and I can't get them to sync up anymore.

Hmm Thanks, Eric. Well that at least saved me from doing something drastic and downgrading. I really like the 10.4 features (especially those vintage eqs). I think its just the wrong cocktail of plugins introducing too much latency. I found an old thread on here (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106618) that kind of sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing.

• 11 months later...

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your warning. I wonder if you know could this be the reason Logic X is not receiving the USB audio from my Behringer X1204USB Mixer. I have it all setup correctly and I hear other audio from my Mac, via the mixer, (YouTube, iTunes, etc) but there is no bouncing green bars when I play my instruments in Logic X. I'm sure it worked before I updated my OS from Yosemite to High Sierra. I was thinking it might be an OS issue and then I saw your post. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Jez