Select midi channel for track/instrument?

TLF
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Im having a similar problem. Specifically, I am using an AKAI MPC2000 to send midi data to tracks that have been defined by a Template which is configured to split the midi channels from the MPC200 by way of using a channel splitter on the MPC200 (Window/Open Window Environment/ then routing my Scarlett18i8 to the MPC200 which then routes to my channel splitter. The template has created 16 Instrument Tracks 1 thru 16 with each Track assigned to Midi Channel 1 thru 16

Multiple Issues:

Scenario #1: While play a sequence which has multiple tracks:

Drums = Midi Ch 1;

Bass = Midi Ch 2;

Keys = Midi Ch 3

If I try to change the drum sound on Track 1 which is receive midi sequence data from MPC2000 sent on Ch 1, then Logic will stop receive midi notes and stop playing audio after I change the sound page (in this case I go into Instrument Sound Source, select Electronic Drum and then select Snapback and immediately the sound stops and the green midi light stops blinking which means no midi data received. The only way I get sound again is to Click Edit/Undue or Command Z. Thus, I cannot change drum sounds.

Problem two is if I enable "R" for record on all tracks or single track and click Record to record midi data, nothing is recorded. Please Help.