Progressive Trance Track

SolSkye

There are some cool sounds in there... I also like your breaks. I love breaks and how they can announce a transition to another part of the song, and you do a good job at that.

I'd love to hear a little more about what instruments or plug-ins you've used to produce that song? Really dig the sounds.

Just a note on the mix, I think when the synths kick in at around :30, they are a little loud.. maybe that ultra fast pulasting panned sound is a little too loud? Those kinds of sounds attract your attention by design, so you don't really need them to be too loud. That would leave some space for your very cool breakbeat underneath. That would also give more impact to the next break @ 1:13 , helping build the song up.

Great track though.

Thanks for the feedback! I also thought that perhaps the water trickling effect during the break was a tad loud. It sounded alright on some club speakers last saturday, though. This song is eventually meant to have a female vocalist sing over top of it during the breaks so I was hoping that with the addition of vocals there would be some better balancing of the highs. I guess once I find a vocalist worth recording, we'll see if I should re-record that effect. Thanks for the tip, though. :wink:

About the instruments and plugins used, mainly the Access Virus TI Polar Desktop was used for constructing most of the sounds on this. Some sounds were done with Logic effects in conjunction with the Virus using Virus Control and the arrange window to cut and add effects.