Build your own Multiband Comp/whatever

Here's a 4 band cross over that you can use for multiband processing.

In this case I've used it as a multiband compressor.

It's inserted with 4 of logic's own comps but you can use your own Waves or URS plugs to your own taste!

And why not put 4 tremolo's in there!! All with their own speed! Go crazy!

In the cross over section, the 3 faders are used to set the cross over points. The pull down menu selects the steepness of the bands and there are pots to control Q and frequency overlap.

You can fiddle around with these parameters to make it sound just the way you like it..

I've put a (muted)send to bus 2 on track 1. If you un-mute it (option-klick) the same source will be added out of phase, without processing. This is to check the difference between the original sound and the processed.

ok, just check it out.. I'd like some feedback!

cross over.lso

pity that you couldn't get the faders to match the reading on the eq freq on the top band

Well that's because of the 'overlap' . If you turn the overlap pot to zero it should match.

BTW... How do you manage to make an Environment window without the usual menu at the top..?

I can't! But when I unhide the scroll bars I can! Option-alt-klick where the menu is supposed to be. It creates a bit more room and it looks cool!

• 1 month later...