Auto Progress Color Track Issue

Zoftzorro

How do I get auto color tracks to begin working?

In Preferences I have Display - Tracks - enable Auto Progress (96) selected in the color options

In Project settings I have Recording - Auto-Colorize takes on

Yet even with these settings every recording still ends up the same ol’ midi is green and audio is blue.

Is there something I need to do to trigger the auto progress color to actually start working?

Thanks Eric, yes cycle record track color is now working as it should changing color for each take.

Still no success with auto coloring main window tracks though. Just tried to record multiple midi and audio tracks but they all remained the standard green and blue.

Do you have to first select a different color for each track? That would seem to sort of defeat the purpose. I know this should be straight forward but for the life of me I can not figure out how to get this working

• 3 weeks later...

I am also wondering how this works. The release notes say...

•There is now an option to have Logic automatically set a new color for each newly created audio, software instrument, or external MIDI track.

It would be cool if it would pick a new colour when a track is created, as opposed to the goofy green/blue that is defaulted to.