Logic Re-scanning Audio Units Almost Every Time!

dolmenmoon
Go to solution Solved by Nellis,

Hi Triple,

Can you specify the location you mean? If you mean the cache, then the correct com.apple/audiounits etc is in the right location and the permissions are read/write, read only, read only. And I deleted that old waves file. Don't know what else I can do...

Tnx!

Yes the location you deleted the old waves file from. Should be ~Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

Where ~ is root of Macintosh HD not the user home folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just to follow up - the "AU Rescan" problem has been solved, and the culprit was my recent Waves 'Mercury Bundle' installation. Seems there was an extra out of date 'waveshell' in my AU folder. I had updated to 10.0 and there was still a 9.7 and a 9.6 in the AU folder. Waves tech support directed me to leave the 9.7 alone (since it's needed for compatibility) and delete the 9.6 file -- that did the trick. No more rescans! PHEW!

Now if I can just figure out how to get my new Behringer X-Touch to behave.... aargh.

hello

i have been seating with this mess for about four months since installing Waves 10. and it annoys all the time i load LPX. do you remember the steps to sorting this out?

thanks

• 6 months later...

Thanks for recording all this info, folks. I just want to add that I had a consistent re-scanning problem, and your collective work helped me get to the solution. There were a bunch of extra WaveShells in the Components directory. There was a 9.7 one, which I left (thank you, MasterMyMix), and several extra for releases 10 and 11. I have upgraded, so removed the rest except for the most recent (highest-numbered) WaveShell for 11.

And I'm not sure of this yet, but my Logic sessions used to freeze, or lose the playhead, if I left them alone too long. It seems this is not happening now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Just to follow up - the "AU Rescan" problem has been solved, and the culprit was my recent Waves 'Mercury Bundle' installation. Seems there was an extra out of date 'waveshell' in my AU folder. I had updated to 10.0 and there was still a 9.7 and a 9.6 in the AU folder. Waves tech support directed me to leave the 9.7 alone (since it's needed for compatibility) and delete the 9.6 file -- that did the trick. No more rescans! PHEW!

Now if I can just figure out how to get my new Behringer X-Touch to behave.... aargh.

Thank you, this fixed it for me as well!