10.4.1 Beat Mapping issue

66ev

I have found that when I use Beat Mapping to assign a beat to a transient, it deletes ALL tempo changes between the new assignment and the last Beat Mapped beat. 

Previous versions of Logic did now behave in this way. I have version 10.3.1 on my laptop and when beat-mapping transients all manually inputted tempo changes are retained. 

Can anyone help? Maybe I have missed a new setting in Logic or perhaps it is a bug...

Thanks in advance

*EDIT* here's a short video of what happens - it can't be correct that all other tempo events are deleted between beat map events.

Mac Pro OS 10.13.3 / 2.7Ghz /12 Core / 64GB RAM

Logic Pro X 10.4.1

Edited by 66ev

Previous versions of Logic did now behave in this way.

Actually most previous versions of Logic did behave this way, albeit not all.

Maybe I have missed a new setting in Logic or perhaps it is a bug.

I don't think you've missed a new setting, and I wouldn't call it a bug per se. Maybe the bug was in 10.3 which did behave the way you described, and they fixed it. Or perhaps they're trying to change the behavior to allow manual tempo changes to be preserved, but still haven't gotten it right, or it created issues for example with the new Smart Tempo features, so they gave up on it. Hard to tell.

Hey David, thanks for your reply - AFAIK it has always been the way I described; the process I was going through is one I've been using since early versions of Logic. Certainly in Logic 8 and 9. Interesting...