Customize Name & Color of Plugins in a Channel Strip

Supersport

In short I want the ability to:

1. Rename Plug-Ins in the channel strip

2. Recolor them

3. Save these settings as part of the plug-in's preset data

Here's why:

When I use one Channel EQ for Mid-Only EQ and set a second instance for Side-Only EQ being able to change the default plug-in name from "Channel EQ" to something more direct like "Mid-EQ and "Side-EQ" would be helpful so I can tell at a glance what's doing what.

Same story for Compressors: where one is being used for general compression and another for side-chain compression. I could rename one to "SC Comp" so it's obvious without having to open it. Currently I have to open at least one to check (both if I guess wrong).

Of course being able to recolor them is yet another helpful visual thing, and saving my settings just helps to not have to do this every time I use one.

+1 to this!

Especially when I'm using large fx chains with many similar plugins, I'd like to specifically mark where I make certain changes.

With heavier genres of electronic music if you stack the channel with plugins, it can be annoying to sift through "the four channel EQs" that you have each doing something like a slight formant modification. I will also use multiple instances of multi effect plugins, whose parameters may be difficult to tell on the fly just by the plugin name.

The color coding would be a super bonus, though I personally would maybe not justify necessity of having this in my workflow.