Controller Assignments targeting inserts

des99

So, I've been trying to recover from this, by bit by bit recreating the assignments in 10.4.2 (I use Keyboard Maestro to automate some of this - it's a lot easier to change 6 parameters on 64 knob assignments by a macro, than it is doing it one by one!).

Controller assignments in general are still flaky/fragile, many things are still referenced by offset (ie position in a list) rather than by name or unique identifier. So if you mode change to a mode you created (say "My Mode"), and then create another mode which is alphabetically earlier ("Awesome Mode"), your previous mode assignments will now all point to the wrong mode as the position in the list has changed - you have to be very careful with things like this.

I had one issue where Logic should have been switching modes when holding/releasing a button, and while the assignments were kind of (visually) working in the controller assignments, the modes weren't actually being switched too (indicated by a dot in the active mode). I guessed there was something wrong with the offsets, so I created an extra dummy mode in that zone, reassigned the existing switches to go to the correct mode (because of the offset problem above) and the modes starting switching properly again.

(Delete the unused mode, and the mode switching breaks again... something funky going on there.)

Flaky stuff... :(

So, all working so far apart from one thing, insert bypassing, which again seems to be behaving different from 10.3, despite the assignments being correct. Got to try and figure out what's going on there, too...

Edit: Ok, I replaced those broken assignments with new ones and it's back to working as before. Was a bit of effort though, I don't know why 10.4.2 wouldn't just load and use the assignments that worked fine in 10.3.3...