Can someone tell me what you think of these arrrangements?

vpunk

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished listening to your tracks,and if the truth be told they're falling somewhat short in the arrangement process.I'm speaking purely as a listener here,I'm not pretending to be some great producer or music industry mogul,but the one thing I have is a good ear for sound.

The tracks themselves are very original,and I can definatley see what you're aiming for - so that's a good thing! The stand out critisism that I have of your music(espec. the arr)is that they don't grab you quickly enough.Whether you're making ambient,electronica,lo fi,glitch....the listener's attention has to be grabbed within the first 30 secs 1 minute timeframe,otherwise they just get bored and skip, and that's the last thing you want.

May I suggest the use of sound design.Sound design is essential when making electronica,think polygon windows,apx boards of canada,fsol,etc thet all incorparate s/d heavily into their arrangements. If anything the main structure of the track is built arround sound design!

As for the arrangements themselves,they definatley have potential,so keep going and striving for the sound you're after.Listening to some of your fave artists can help,and really give you some good inspiration points(judging by the amount of vinyl you have,this shouldn't be a problem!)

Finally, please don't take my critisism in the wrong way,I trully do believe you're onto something,a little more attention to detail is needed,in my opinion.

Best of luck,

DRYFISH.

Wow - don't worry, no offense taken.

It's good to finally get an ear on this instead of someone who says "needs strings" (my mom), or, "I don't like the sound of the piano" (my best friend).

Believe me when I say I fully appreciate the feedback!

I do agree with your point on the sound design idea - I guess when I listen back to it, I see(hear) what you're getting at.

I'll give that a shot!

Tyler.