Can't delete missing audio bits in melodyne

ojan327
Go to solution Solved by triplets,

One of the most annoying things is when these little bits of audio get stuck in melodyne and you can't erase them.

I have no idea why, but it's a pain because it will just skip that part and play back quietly, and just cut playback.

If anyone can think of a solution or a workaround I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2063415244_ScreenShot2018-11-16at7_40_49PM.png.1585a0622b121cc46eb278c3ff2e7095.png

Thanks, triplets... Well, I would if I hadn't already done a lot of editing in Melodyne as is typically the case when the glitch arises, which is why it's such a nuisance.

I don't understand. If there's no waveform, you can't edit. It's silent.

If you transfer again for just the missing section, you won't lose the rest.

I do this all the time when Melodyne doesn't get one section correctly, I just retransfer it. And if it doesn't work, I delete the section and do it again.

Sorry for the late reply. You are correct. You can just retransfer it and it covers and gets rid of that greyed out piece that won't delete.

You also helped me solve another issue which I had been grappling with for some time, and had posted about previously. That being when a section of audio won't delete (see attachment). It would play back and annoy me. After undoing a transfer, it would stay there, unless you undo twice which I sometimes forget to do because it's counter-intuitive

However, transfering over it gets rid of it :-) You just delete the new transfer after which the section will be gone!

Thank you, triplets!

894220180_ScreenShot2018-11-26at12_52_00PM.thumb.png.590cdebe56ce0d962dd761295a1dc395.png

• 5 years later...