Session data import (replace/add)

pistol-pete-lopez

By now we all know aout this,however, I can only import Plugin setting Sends and send levels. NO NEED TO IMPORT AUDIO FILES(same session/tracks,different song) only ONE track at the time works, If I highlight all tracks in a given song and use de the replace feature. Again no media involved, LPX creates new empty tracks. :( hope soon a fix for this. OR IS IT JUST ME

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

@David Nahmani I've been looking for a solution to this for a long time.  Let's say I have a template I've been using for a few projects.  Nothing has changed other than tweaking plugins and levels of channels per project.  

Now I want to use, let's say, the plugins and channels from my 3 snare mics I tweaked on one project and apply them to another.  I open the project I want to apply the settings to then open the other session in the file browser.  I highlight the 3 snare mics (mics 1, 2, and 3 for now) I want to change in the arrange window and then highlight the 3 in the file browser that are the exact same tracks.  I then check the boxes for the attributes I want to apply (we'll say sends and plugins for now).  If I hit "Replace" it only applies replace to the first track (mic 1) and then add's an additional two tracks for mics 2 and 3.  The original tracks in the arrange window for mics 2 and 3 remain unchanged and instead have the 2 added ones above them.  

So, ok...I try adding in stead.  I add mics 1, 2, and 3 from the browser, then copy the audio regions onto those tracks from the current session, then delete the old tracks.  Only problem here is you lose all your groups and your VCA attributes.  

It seems the only work around is replacing each track one at a time...which is just somewhat frustrating.  Is this the only way to do it.  Thanks in advance!