Latency around 200ms even with LLM and I/O buffer at 32.

TheRiotDrumer

I have tried everything to bring this latency down. Even with nothing running in the background, LLM on and I/O buffer at 32 i still get 200ms latency from my midi keyboard. This never used to be the case and i haven't changed anything. I have tried everything for about a month now to fix this but no one can seem to help, i even completely uninstalled and reinstalled logic and still having the same issue. Any help is appreciated.

It's definitely unusual, and 200ms is a LOT, so it's not like you're battling "normal" latency issues, something's really wrong here.

First, how do you monitor your keyboard? Is it routed back into Logic's mixer? What happens if you plug headphones into the keyboard and monitor it like that?

What keyboard is this?

I use a very old Oxygen25 from M-Audio, it can't be a stand alone keyboard and so there is no where to directly plug headphones into, however i have launched Ableton and had no latency issues there. As for monitoring my keyboard i guess i don't? I may be misunderstanding the question, i've only been studying music technology at college for about a year and a half, so there are still many things I don't understand.

This happens on a new, completely empty project, no plugins, and triggering a low profile internal synth like ES1 ?

Yep i started a whole new one, first i had ES2 open, just a normal sine wave, nothing else, no plugins or anything, I tried it with software instruments too, one track, nothing recorded, still a load of latency.

I use a very old Oxygen25 from M-Audio, it can't be a stand alone keyboard and so there is no where to directly plug headphones into, however i have launched Ableton and had no latency issues there. As for monitoring my keyboard i guess i don't? I may be misunderstanding the question, i've only been studying music technology at college for about a year and a half, so there are still many things I don't understand.

Ok nevermind I thought you were using a keyboard that had sounds onboard (a hardware synthesizer) but you're using a MIDI controller to trigger software instruments in Logic.

You're saying this doesn't happen in Ableton live which rules out the MIDI Controller and whatever MIDI drivers it's using.

Are you using a custom template when starting new Logic projects? When you did the test with the ES2 sine wave, was this from the factory "Empty Project" template?

Ok nevermind I thought you were using a keyboard that had sounds onboard (a hardware synthesizer) but you're using a MIDI controller to trigger software instruments in Logic.

You're saying this doesn't happen in Ableton live which rules out the MIDI Controller and whatever MIDI drivers it's using.

Are you using a custom template when starting new Logic projects? When you did the test with the ES2 sine wave, was this from the factory "Empty Project" template?

Yeh just empty project, empty patch and then i chose ES2, I then tried using some software instruments like snares and such just to make sure that it wasnt just something to do with the ADSR.

I have tried everything to bring this latency down. Even with nothing running in the background, LLM on and I/O buffer at 32 i still get 200ms latency from my midi keyboard. This never used to be the case and i haven't changed anything. I have tried everything for about a month now to fix this but no one can seem to help, i even completely uninstalled and reinstalled logic and still having the same issue. Any help is appreciated.

The recording delay slider in Logic preferences is at a negative number instead of 0 samples?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...