Importing 3rd Party Presets into Logic?

luckyal

Hi Guys!

Picked up my upgrade copy of Logic Studio, and so far I'm loving it. One of the things that I really like is that when you save a preset for one of the Software Instruments using the Logic Preset menu, the preset immediately appears on the Library on the right. The nice thing about this is that you can use key commands or your control surface (I use Contour Design ShuttlePro2) to flip through the presets. Say you are looking for a particular acoustic drum kit. If you saved your presets to Logic (one by one)...go to the preset sub folder, select the first kit and just use your control surface to flip through the presets without even looking at your screen. I do think that the process of saving presets one at a time is cumbersome and time consuming.

I would love to find some programmer that would write a script that would allow mass creation of presets. The fact that Logic can now transfer the Preset Name of your third party plugin to your track title, tells me that it's also smart enought to understand the preset naming and directory structure of these plugins.

So, that said...all that's left is getting it to import third party plugin presets. This could be flowed down to channel strip settings as well, but I'm thinking "baby steps."