strange behavior in record mode while using auto punch

macdad
Go to solution Solved by macdad,

I must have inadvertently changed a setting? When I am using auto punch and set the red record line before the beginning of a new bar and marker position and then press record, 2 new regions are created...divided at the start of the new bar/marker? I have to then erase the first newly recorded region and pull/stretch the second one to the left to get one new complete region which is what I want. I will include a screenshot showing the two new regions created when I hit record using the selected autopunch area. The new recording is divided at the start of new bar creating . I don't want that. It used to work properly, As I said, I must have inadvertently changed something? Can someone help? 2 regions, the first of which doesn't play.

Thanks, Jim

15026602_ScreenShot2019-09-13at2_12_25PM.thumb.png.2200448bb73e1eb2a5a0d6f1ce43166f.png

Thanks for your reply David. yes, 2 regions are being cerated. They are divided at the start of the new bar/cycle. When I play back I only hear the 2nd one. I must, as I said, erase the first new region and open the 2nd region to the beginning of the autopunch area and I then see and hear the full recording. i have included my settings in the record prefs. I have tried changing them around but haven't been able to get one region recording. There is always a dividing line between the two new regions at the start of the next bar. I only press the r button once when I record yet 2 regions are created

Hope you can help me

572345292_ScreenShot2019-09-14at12_39_02PM.thumb.png.0cb355f76fdae14d48265509681578a3.png

1402721480_ScreenShot2019-09-14at12_49_48PM.png.a5ae3ccf3cf48d2cbe5448efbd79291a.png

• Solution

Hi David,

I found the problem. Wanted to let you know because I appreciate your feedback and don't want to waste your time trying to help me further. I was literally clicking everywhere trying to find out why a new region was being recorded when in autopunch. I finally found the solution under preferences/smart tempo. I had (for some reason) turned on On and align bars and beats. My Set new recordings to: trim start of new recording box was checked and activated blue. When I deselected it

my recordings worked again in the proper way. Thanks again for your feedback. Things back to normal for now!!