Logic Pro X 10.4.7 released

musos

Alphatrack is working great! Although I do get the occasional message that it won't work in Catalina. Another reason I will probably stop here on Mojave.

Can you toggle up and down from track to track using the AT buttons? I can’t do it anymore. I’m on High Sierra.

Yes all Alphatrack functions are working including track select. I'm finding that after I start my Mac up I need to unplug and replug in the AT. Then the AT Manager shows up in the finder menu bar and it works as expected once I open Logic.

Also just noticed that they fixed the Midi Channel "ALL" issue, so that it sends omni out as expected. Before I was having to set the channel to 1.

I was on 10.4.6 and was getting beachballs on a High Sierra Hckintosh hex core 10.13.6 , also was having trouble on 10.4.5

10.4.4 seems to be working a lot better for me although it initially loads slower that's not really important as it's less than 1% of a multi-hour session.

So I back graded to 10.4.4 and it's running much better.

By far the most important feature for me is the "create tempo for performance" something that is there in 10.4.4 so I'm just waiting for some reason to upgrade which I don't see yet.

It costs me about $50 for a consult for a OS upgrade cuz mackintosh, but the power is great.

I also didn’t see the 10.4.7 update but then noticed that Logic somehow (maybe Mojave) turned on automatic updating and it was already 10.4.7! Fortunately it seems to be working quite well, but haven’t used it much yet.

I’d quickly turn off auto updating before it drags you down into the abyss that is Catalina

I also didn’t see the 10.4.7 update but then noticed that Logic somehow (maybe Mojave) turned on automatic updating and it was already 10.4.7! Fortunately it seems to be working quite well, but haven’t used it much yet.

I’d quickly turn off auto updating before it drags you down into the abyss that is Catalina

which abyss is that? am on catalina (& LX 10.4.7), and have been working steadily; no issues, hiccups. no weirdness. all my plugins work (about 95% 3rd-party). so...???

which abyss is that? am on catalina (& LX 10.4.7), and have been working steadily; no issues, hiccups. no weirdness. all my plugins work (about 95% 3rd-party). so...???

You're one of the lucky ones.

Notices from Slate, Acustica, Softube....all saying don't upgrade.

I also still use a lot of 32 bit apps that I don't want to spend money to replace.

I'd rather choose what and when gets updated, preferably after a backup, than let the OS decide. Auto update is never a good idea.

You're one of the lucky ones.

Notices from Slate, Acustica, Softube....all saying don't upgrade.

I also still use a lot of 32 bit apps that I don't want to spend money to replace.

I'd rather choose what and when gets updated, preferably after a backup, than let the OS decide. Auto update is never a good idea.

i got the same notices, but, again... all my plugins work. meanwhile, NO 32bit plugins will work; mojave's been warning of this for a year. and i never auto-update, i've chosen to install 10.15.

we all do what we need to (and/or choose to) do. and every new OS brings good/bad with it. so... no 'abyss'...

I’ve received Do-Not-Update-to-Catalina email warnings from Native Instruments, Spitfire, UAD, and iZotope. I’ll use the Mojave .6 installer I downloaded last week in 6 months or so, MAYBE. So far I see no compelling reason to install Catalina. If my business websites require the current version of Safari (has happened before forcing a hardware purchase) I’ll use my phone for everything except music. I keep track of my computer hours for budgeting and pricing (labor costs) and discovered that over one third of my computer time this year has been spent on macOS incompatibilities, Logic bugs, and third party software playing catch up. Wonder where I should send my bill...

I’ve received Do-Not-Update-to-Catalina email warnings from Native Instruments, Spitfire, UAD, and iZotope. I’ll use the Mojave .6 installer I downloaded last week in 6 months or so, MAYBE. So far I see no compelling reason to install Catalina. If my business websites require the current version of Safari (has happened before forcing a hardware purchase) I’ll use my phone for everything except music. I keep track of my computer hours for budgeting and pricing (labor costs) and discovered that over one third of my computer time this year has been spent on macOS incompatibilities, Logic bugs, and third party software playing catch up. Wonder where I should send my bill...

so many possibilities here; the 3rd-party plugins themselves (for example).

i've run mojave & logic (mostly) without issue (and thru all the pre-and post-final betas). so far, catalina is good here (including my NI & izotope plugins). but sorry you've had so much trouble, 1/3rd of your computer time is wayyyy too much time for troubleshooting. good luck!

Good news about NI and iZotope, fisherking, you can see why I’m cautious. Some of my attitude comes from former IT job responsibilities including system support running the OS from that large Seattle company while working at that same company. I switched jobs and platforms to OS X around 2001, had about five trouble-free upgrade years, not so happy recently.

i did freelance mac support in nyc from 2002 to 2016; i get it. and outside of some rough moments in betas (most notably, an early catalina beta), it's been pretty good, and i've continued to do my real work.

as always, we all use different macs, plugins, hardware. so no one person's experience speaks for everyone (unless, of course, everyone is having the same issue).

so it is, with all tech....

• 7 months later...
Anyone having luck with Alphatrack in Logic 10.5 and Mojave and if so any tips? I've tried installing the AT Kernel extension twice and each time it's hosed my system so I've had to reinstall Mojave twice now in two days....So, I'm done for now trying to get this happening and am currently using my old Faderport (which also seems flakey but is working under Hui mode) and will probably just get a newer Faderport so I can keep moving forward. But, I'm always open to still trying to keep this sucker going if possible.

Anyone having luck with Alphatrack in Logic 10.5 and Mojave and if so any tips? I've tried installing the AT Kernel extension twice and each time it's hosed my system so I've had to reinstall Mojave twice now in two days....So, I'm done for now trying to get this happening and am currently using my old Faderport (which also seems flakey but is working under Hui mode) and will probably just get a newer Faderport so I can keep moving forward. But, I'm always open to still trying to keep this sucker going if possible.

Q

AT is working for me in 10.5, Mojave 10.14.6. You have to put the AT bundle in the devices/midi controllers folder of Logic like usual after an update.

Right click on Logic app to get there.

Q

AT is working for me in 10.5, Mojave 10.14.6. You have to put the AT bundle in the devices/midi controllers folder of Logic like usual after an update.

Right click on Logic app to get there.

I can’t seem to reinstall the kext file so am kind of dead in the water. I’ve tried twice and each tine it screws up the video output of my old Mac and makes it so I have no video. Super frustrating to say the least. Am installing all the components via the Synclavier download. Any tips on getting the he kext file installed?

Not in front of my computer but will try later. Not sure what the kext file is.

I know that a few versions ago AT stopped working and then they fixed it and it continues to work now in 10.5.

I fixed it (again....). I had to buy the updated AT installer (again) from Synclavier (https://www.synclavier.com/AlphaTrackPlugin.html). I had purchased it a few years ago but it's been updated. That allowed me to install things correctly. I then had to restart my computer multiple times in order for it to "show up" in the Audio MIDI app. Not sure why it didn't work initially but after another 30 minutes of dicking around I got it work.

I didn’t need to disable SIP when running this new installer or in order to get it to function.

Is anyone having any luck running Alphatrack in Catalina? Isn’t the Logic AT midi plugin 64 bit? Since the Sinclavier driver is advertised to work in Catalina I’m kind of assuming we’re in luck there as well.