Cannot Find Klopfgeist in Mixer

Music Spirit
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I want to record the Metronome click as audio as part of the Project. Have watched several videos online how to do this, but all of them say to find the Klopfgeist track by selecting view ALL - I still cannot find the Klopfgeist track to route it to an audio input.

The sound of the Metronome and its Preferences are perfectly audible and working by the way...

Any suggestions how to find Klopfgeist and record it's audio would be great

Here's what I do: Press "⌘+8" to open the environment window, then you can find the click track and drag it over to your arrange tracks (it will create a new instrument click track). Be sure to click the name "click" and drag from there. Handy because you can now have fader control over your click level, route it, etc.

@grubmanus, @eriksimon, @dewdman42

Folks thank you for your contributions! the Environment has never been my strongest suit ;)

Though I think dewdman may have pointed at the cause of the fault...

Here is a link to the patient - the stripped down Logic Project - for your expert medical opinions...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bak3bzzbnne13jm/Where%20is%20the%20Click%3F%20-%20v.29Oct2019.logicx.zip?dl=0

I would have attached it to this post but 80Mb zipped would not upload

There are bugs in 10.4.5 - 10.4.7 related to opening older projects and specifically the automatic handling of the metronome channel gets confused. The only solution I know is to create a new project from scratch. It appears to be related to how underlying instruments objects are allocated. Before 10.4.5 there were 255 instrument objects pre allocated and metronome inst hard coded to #256. But they now allow 1000 instrument objects and they are dynamically managed by LPX. Metronome is now on the largest inst object automatically not always #256. And when you add and remove inst tracks it will move the metronome to the highest used number dynamically. All that is fine but when you open old projects and then add or remove tracks, something about that where the metronome used to always be on #256, gets lost in the current logicpro and it gets confused about it. Still plays but can’t find it in the mixer.

make sure to report the bug to apple

I added the Click channel strip to your MIDI Environment.

The reason your file is so big is because you saved it as a package so it includes all the audio files.

Here's the fixed project file. Save your file as a folder and replace the logic file inside with this one:

Thanks David for your work on this! ( Though I could have sworn I deleted all the files and made a new cut down project to upload.. )

I think maybe you forgot to attach the fixed project file to your post? Not sure why I cant see it...

@Dewdman - thanks to your the explanation.. that's advanced stuff but it makes sense

You're right I forgot to attach your file, here it is:

Fixed.zip

Much appreciated thanks David!

If I may ask - i) how did you add the Click?

ii) Was it's absence do to what @Dewdman says above about there being

"... bugs in 10.4.5 - 10.4.7 related to opening older projects and specifically the automatic handling of the metronome channel gets confused"

I am on 10.4.4 which works solidly in all areas that I use.

• 3 years later...

on the latest version of Logic as of this posting. @David Nahmani, how can this be accomplished in the current Logic Pro X version 10.7.9 > When I select the input in the environment 256(reserved) is greyed out. The other 255 instruments are available to select. Secondly, can  I import the clicks and ports layer from a nother project? Will that allow me to assign an instrument input to 256? I'm assigning Ultrabeat or DMD to my replace Klopgiest in my templates but the old ones are missing the click channel. Thanks !