Logic ABSOLUTELY messed up bus assignments after opening a project?!

Ploki

1 hour ago, nychthemerons said:

I am having the same issue, seems to be brought on by pasting tracks from one project into another. Had both projects open simultaneously. All my routings are mixed up, whole busses are gone. Tracks are routed to other, non-aux, non-bus, tracks. My whole project is messed up. And the ironic thing is that this happened while trying salvage a project that had somehow become corrupted (wouldn't even play, glitched out) by pasting the audio and midi regions into a new, fresh project. After pasting everything into a new template, now I have a new, perhaps even worse problem.

it's an absolute rule-of-thumb to never have more than one project open at a time in logic; better to import content from the older project (in the File>Import>Logic Projects option) into the newer project. there are countless stories of project corruption when more than one is open at the same time...

• Like 3

it's an absolute rule-of-thumb to never have more than one project open at a time in logic; better to import content from the older project (in the File>Import>Logic Projects option) into the newer project. there are countless stories of project corruption when more than one is open at the same time...

Thanks -- this was something I wasn't aware of. I've been using Logic near daily for 15 years and never ran into this specific problem before. I've done the two-projects-open thing a few times but never ran into this mess. Will definitely avoid this moving forward, and will use the project import feature (which I forgot about).

It's funny, the only time I ever open two projects is when one becomes corrupted (this seems to happen sometimes in Logic; in fact, I created a project template which itself seemed to be corrupt, which created problems in a lot of new projects... what a headache).

Makes me wonder... are there other no-no's that have been shown to lead to corrupted projects? I've had a few that would eventually start to freeze right away or refuse to play altogether... even newish projects that only have a few tracks and plugins.

Edited by nychthemerons
wanted to quote the user I was responding to
  • Like 1