2019 Mac Pro with Logic

Arkadi

I don’t know what rules logicpro uses to determine how and when to fork more threads it’s probably quite complex. But there is overhead associated with multiple threads. It’s not always the best policy to fork a million threads. When the operating system has to service more threads you can create more overhead then you are helping. As I said before, a thread doesn’t just sit on a core and hog it. OS X is swapping threads from many different processes, including logicpro, into and out of the cores many times per second. All 6 cores are being used!!!

Another question for you, how many tracks are you observing this situation with? Make more tracks and I bet you will see logicpro spawn a 6th thread

Edited by Dewdman42

I don’t know what rules logicpro uses to determine how and when to fork more threads it’s probably quite complex. But there is overhead associated with multiple threads. It’s not always the best policy to fork a million threads. When the operating system has to service more threads you can create more overhead then you are helping. As I said before, a thread doesn’t just sit on a core and hog it. OS X is swapping threads from many different processes, including logicpro, into and out of the cores many times per second. All 6 cores are being used!!!

Noted, thanks

Another question for you, hoe many tracks are you observing this situation with? Make more tracks and I bet you will see logicpro spawn a 6th thread

Not too many indeed. Next time I'll be sure the hoe is around so she can double check with me ;)