Automation level numbers don't work

NicTam
Go to solution Solved by NicTam,

Hi!

I have a little annoying "feature" when using Logic X Pro and Kontakt. It appears when I'm using Spitfire Libraries, can't speak for any other libraries. But a VST plugin in (i.e Felt piano from Spitfire Audio) works totally fine. That makes me think there is something in Kontakt that produces this?

As you can see from the screen shot the automation level numbers are not right when in Kontakt. The first two are Kontakt-libraries. As you can see they are showing the same numbers despite different levels. The third track is an audio track and the numbers are showing correctly.

Do any of you have some explanation and solution for this?

Thank you in advance,

Niclas

1959124399_Skrmavbild2020-02-07kl_10_27_15.thumb.png.1e4556cbcb43f9d930d352ce05a6b951.png

Hi NicTam. I have Kontakt Hyperion. I don't see the problem you see. Which automation (CC automation) are you using? I see Dyn-str, Dy-05E, etc.. in your attached screenshot. Are these effects specific to your library?

What if you try to automate simple "Midi volume", do you get the same problem?

The first two are Kontakt-libraries. As you can see they are showing the same numbers despite different levels. The third track is an audio track and the numbers are showing correctly.

Maybe I'm missing something. There are all different automation parameters in the screenshot. 15 is not the same number as 5, and the 3rd one shows percentage.

Not sure what you're referring to.

Hi triplets!

Thank you for getting back to me. Maybe I explained this poorly...if so, I apologise.

Not any automation parameters is showing a correct number when I'm using Kontakt in Logic. The third picture displays that a regular Wav-file in Logic is showing the numbers correctly. Same with the automation with Logic's own instruments. Everything works fine.

But my problem is when using Kontakt.

On the first track there should be different numbers? Not 15 all the way.

On the second track there should be 127 and 0. Now it says 5 all the way.

This happens in Logic when I'm running Spitfire libraries in Kontakt. And again, it happens on ALL parameters.

I don't have this problem with Spitfires own VST or LABS. Everything shows up correctly. So I can't say it's Spitfire specific either?

Hopefully I explained this problem a little bit better? Maybe it is some setting in Kontakt????

Regards

• 2 months later...

Attached a coupe screen grabs of the issue. Automation is working exactly as it should, EXCEPT the numerical values in Logic of ALL nodes change to match the numerical value of the last changed node.

Automation changes as it should, just the onscreen values are wrong. This has been an issue with SoundTower plugins for me forever, but this post makes me realize it's not just a SoundTower bug as I had suspected.

Unlike the OP, a few tries with some Spitfire instruments in Kontakt (and within Komplete Kontrol) wouldn't replicate the issue. I could get the issue in Kontakt (and within Komplete Kontrol) with Noire.

So it doesn't seem to be a Kontakt issue, or a Spitfire issue, but rather plugin dependant. Is it that Logic gets these numbers reported from the plugin and some plugins don't report properly? Hmm. Overall range of the automation seems to be reported, as do individual values.

1138816145_ScreenShot2020-04-24at2_05_57PM.png.b389c092508f4c15c4e397c5546c0aa8.png

2050080_ScreenShot2020-04-24at2_06_05PM.png.9b04c2b8102d75a26d8ccfab52261858.png

• 2 years later...
  • Solution

Looks like I solved my problem described above. After ignoring it for 2 years I sat down and tried out different things. My solution was this:

* make the track a region

* choose the cc from the drop down in the piano roll

And with those settings I get correct numbers for my automations curves in Logic X when using Kontakt.

Hope it helps someone. 

Have a good day!

The happy camper

• Like 1