'Activate My Body" [progressive house]

jake benson

What do you think of this track?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of this track?

• Wow, this track is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
    • It's pretty good. I might download it.
    • It's ok I guess but not my style.
    • It sucks. You need to take more classes.

"Activate My Body" (Jake Benson Club Mix) - Perry Twins

You can preview it (top song) on my myspace HERE

Or just download it HERE

(click on "Jake Benson Club Mix" to DL)

Fyi, I remixed this track literally right after I got home from the Dance Music Seminar they teach that I signed up for on this website....so I had 8 hours of new tricks fresh in my head. And the seminar definitely helped!

And this was ALL done on LOGIC PRO 7!

Edited by jake benson

(let me preface this post by saying I was NOT familiar with the original version of this song...)

gotta agree with ya, Kent...for the style..it's a great example of the genre..but, as a 'song', I want more. More lyric development, more vs/ch/bridge/ song structure. And a few places where the vocals DON'T have some kind of effect of them.

honestly..it's cool. what it sort of sounds like to me, though..is that the 'lead vocal/melody' is missing. I'm hearing a crapload of VERY cool background parts and arrangements...

Think about adding a Chaka Cahn kickass melody/lead vocal/storyline to the piece!

Otherwise...NICE work!!!!!!

EDIT..10 minutes after my original post..D'OH!:

ok..I downloaded the original song..now I get it :) Funny...now that I hear the Perry Twins vocal version....I hear the melody/Lyrics that I was missing. Nice singer..but, I'd produce her with a LOT more edge in her voice.

Pehaps, on your remix, you could incorporate some of her melody/vrs lines a little more?

Jake...I like what you did do the song better than the original :)

Hey thanks for the reviews and especially thanks for being critical. I hate when people are too afraid to say something about my track if they think it's "negative."

The track is currently #3 on Billboard Dance right now so that's funny you mentioned it Kent. I do other types of genres (non-Billboard types), but the way I developed it, it lent itself as a classic total club pop track to me. =) Not always my style either, but I personally liked this one. ;)

dkgross, As for vocals, the rest didn't quite seem to match the melody for me. Besides I was told they were looking for a dub...so I left out most the vocals and went with a dub. =)

Thanks for the critiques and please critique me more! I'm so glad I can get honest reviews here. =)