Concourse C...Song I did Today As A Zombie...I LOVE Feedback

holle

hello. i just registered here the other day. i am so happy i found a board where fellow logic users share the music they make. i look forward to sharing mine as well as hearing yours.

with that said.....

i did this song today..on a lack of sleep and high on caffeine and my prescribed adderall. haha.

i am hoping y'all have some feedback for me. i'm not really sure about it, however, my friend (who has been the only one to hear it so far) likes it and doesn't see any thing that needs to be fixed...though he says it could be longer.

i fear that it doesn't go anywhere or that there is too much going on. i also have a tendency of not staying with beats long enough, so that might be an issue here. and it might be plain old boring. i dunno.

anyway....i'd love to know your opinions on it. any feedback you may have would be awesome.

thanks for listening.

Concourse C

I like it!

I think the sounds are great, definitely a lot of work there, the mix sounds good too, although it does sound like a lot of the stuff is simply hard panned left or right, so you could experiment a little bit with panning elements closer to the the center too (are you mixing with headphones? It sounds like you are...).

As far as the structure/construction, yes, it's pretty experimental. There are a number of beginnings of musical ideas that quickly just go away or go somewhere else... it's really a matter of opinion though. As it is now it sounds experimental, so if you made it more musical (more repetition of medlodic or harmonic figures), it would probably be more approchable but sound different. I think I would like it, I'm not sure everybody would.

But the sounds are great!

Very cool ending too.

thank you!!! and thank you for listening!

yeah...some of my work can be pretty experimental. a lot of times i won't even think it is, but people tell me that it is.

when i pan....for the most part...i use headphones. i might do the panning settings without them but i fine tune them with headphones. i am trying to get better about being too far on one side.....my friend mentioned this before too. sometimes, i want it a bit drastic....but, ultimately, it is something i am trying to be conscious of.

i will take to mind what you said about continuing on with the more melodic aspects of the song and repetition and such. i am not quite sure how i want to leave it at this point. i have a friend who is GREAT with feedback for my songs. he has helped me a lot with staying focused and carrying on with ideas rather than stopping them short. only problem is that he just moved into a new house at uni and he hasn't gotten internet service yet....so he hasn't heard this song. actually, he hasn't heard a few of them. he better log on fast!

i am going to try to look at concourse c from a distance and see what i should do with it. at this point with my work, i am not sure how approachable i want it to be. on one hand, i never cared about that kind of thing....i mean, i love artists like tv pow and pan sonic (if you are familiar at all), as well as a lot of artists who may not be easy to take in. BUT, i am finding lately that i really am starting to find my own style and it seems that it is a bit more digestible....so, who knows what i want to do. i love the more experimental stuff i do, but right now i want to focus on getting four or five songs together for a demo. i want them to be fairly consistent. i should post one of my songs that definitely would go on the demo for an idea of the tone i want to have.

wow...i really can go on about my music, i find. haha.

thanks again for your feedback. it is greatly appreciated. and i'm happy you like the song. now, i need to check out some of yours!