Automate transpose from inspector

aviorrok

I don't like the PShift plugin automation it's not linear.

Neither is the transpose parameter in the Region inspector (the resolution is 1 semitone).

In the Audio FX section of the channel strip, insert Audio Units > Apple > A.U. Pitch and try automating that? If that doesn't do it, like des99 said, give us more details about exactly what you're trying to pitch and what result you want so that we can suggest a method.

I don't like the PShift plugin automation it's not linear.

Neither is the transpose parameter in the Region inspector (the resolution is 1 semitone).

In the Audio FX section of the channel strip, insert Audio Units > Apple > A.U. Pitch and try automating that? If that doesn't do it, like des99 said, give us more details about exactly what you're trying to pitch and what result you want so that we can suggest a method.

I tried to make "pitch bend" to audio sample and the automation of PShift is not linear as you can see (AUPitch doesn't have semitones button)

183717157_ScreenShot2020-06-10at3_48_52PM.thumb.png.097665dcffe4474ee0ab532c9cb42591.png

Why don't you cut the region at that point, then on the second region, set it's transpose to -7 (or whatever)?

I'm still not clear on what you are trying do, but if you want to transpose bits of audio, you don't need to automate the region inspector, just split the region where you want a pitch change, and set the transpose to what you want..

Unless you actually do want to "bend" the pitch, but it's not clear from your description...

Why don't you cut the region at that point, then on the second region, set it's transpose to -7 (or whatever)?

I'm still not clear on what you are trying do, but if you want to transpose bits of audio, you don't need to automate the region inspector, just split the region where you want a pitch change, and set the transpose to what you want..

Unless you actually do want to "bend" the pitch, but it's not clear from your description...

I tried it it doesn't sounds like what I want

Here's is what I try: https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=72454

I tried to make "pitch bend" to audio sample and the automation of PShift is not linear as you can see

Yes that's why I suggested AUPitch.

(AUPitch doesn't have semitones button)

Automate the Pitch knob.

Yeah I tried but it's show only cents, also the sliders aer stuck on my screen LOL

405211913_ScreenShot2020-06-10at4_09_42PM.thumb.png.752cf08856a0957eced3abefe62b37da.png

Well, unless you can find a way to succinctly describe what you are trying to achieve, it's very difficult to help you get there.

I edited my comment

Yeah I tried but it's show only cents, also the sliders aer stuck on my screen LOL

A cent is a hundredth of a semitone.

Drag the knobs horizontally in AU Pitch.

I think I will use a 3rd plugin thank you David!

• 2 years later...

The fact that I have to load in a plugin like AU Pitch at all is so so so frustrating. It takes time to do this and disrupts the work flow, not to mention the sound of AU Pitch just doesn't cut it especially on high transient material like drums (Pitching fills is awesome). It should be built right in. Risers and Downlifter are such common place in EDM I'm still flabbergasted that Apple has not implemented this into the UI. If you want to see what des99 is talking about watch this Abelton video. Not only should Apple implement this in the UI it should also allow you to select different algorithms. The processing will be internal (like with other flex time material) instead of processing the audio live as AU Pitch does. Processing material on the fly will never sound as good.