Recording a new take ruins audio quality

Noodle101
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

When I record a new take in Logic Pro, the audio quality is drastically downgraded to being sometimes unlistenable with this tinny sound effect. Anyone have any idea why it's doing this?

edit- so it doesn't do it every time I record a new take, but it's still popping in here and there. Anyone have any advice on how I can pinpoint what is causing this issue?

630179984_ScreenShot2020-06-09at6_49_34PM.thumb.png.c5044db0eb59f88589b125b13ad860a4.png

Sorry bout that lack of info. I was sure it was something to do with the multiple takes at first.. I’m on a Scarletts Solo Studio Xlr amp and mic (it was a bundle from Amazon). Plugged into my Mac through a USB 3 to USB 2 converter. It didn’t used to do this.. It’s frustrating cus the issue comes, and goes and because of that I don’t know got to pinpoint the issue.

Yes I will give that a try but the issue seems to coincide with things that are happening in Logic, and it comes and goes so infrequently that its hard to replicate on demand. Like in this pic you can see the darker blue tracks, which are the ones with the lower audio quality . I'm not sure why they look any different for the others because I didn't change any settings on em..

921448152_ScreenShot2020-06-10at6_08_46PM.thumb.png.9b68ec9f9f6f2bb98008d5de09934e97.png

Well I'll be...That was the issue in this case. & I swear I haven't been clicking that button I think this program is trying to torture me. Thanks for the help.

PS - I now see that I can accept this as a solution, I didn't see that on my last posts so just want to apologize if I haven't been crediting properly.

I'm so lost. When I turn the flex time back on, the audio distortion doesn't return. This is all leading me to believe Logic is causing these sound problems. There are also many tracks which I never accidentally or otherwise turned on the flextime, and the audio is all messed up. I call Apple and they tell me unless I can recreate the issue (which is hard cus it happens at such random times) they can't help me. I chat w Focusrite, who makes my mic & amp and they tell me to delete files to reset "audio preferences" but I don't have the files to delete.