Guitar tone stuck on distortion?

Errinbutler2000
Go to solution Solved by Errinbutler2000,

Hello, this is a weird problem. Haven't come across it before. So I've almost finished a new track and it has multiple guitar parts in different tones. I've gone to record another guitar part this morning and noticed I can't edit the guitar tone? No matter what I do it just seems to have the same distortion tone which itself can't be edited... Software monitoring is on and I tried making a new track to see if it happens again and it didn't, all the tones worked fine. So it's just this one track that seems to be having problems, which is weird. I'd have thought it would have done it to all the songs... Is there a problem with the track? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hello, David. Some of the tracks have plug ins I've previously edited in and some don't. But even if I make a new channel strip and select the "big tube" preset ting with 0 plug ins, the tone will still come through distorted.

Big Tube is a patch that has plug-ins. However because it's a track stack, you don't see the plug-ins on the main track. Click the disclosure triangle next to the icon on the track and you'll see the three subtracks with plug-ins.

Ahh yes, I see them now. Still yet, Big tube is supposed to be a preset for a clean tone. But still everything is distorted. I can edit the plug ins in the channel strip and that'll still change the tone for the parts ive previously recorded, but not for the guitar coming through the interface

You can add distortion via certain plug-ins or through the Smart Controls pane on that patch. Looks like you have multiple tracks assigned to the same channel strip. Make sure you create a new audio track and load your patch to the new audio track.