Using logic with screenflow and loopback. can send midi from logic to screenflow via but not audio (mike) signals

macdad

I have a strange issue. I will try to explain. I am using screenflow and loopback2 from Rogue Amoeba to create music videos for you tube. The loopback was sending everything successfully to my Apogee Quartett and then on to Screenflow. Up till now I was pulling in "mixed wave files into screenflow and mime-ing to them. On thenewest song I wanted to start recording into logic while recording from my camera (brio webcam) and record the audo from logic with the picture instead of miming to the finished track I had pulled into screenflow. I spent all day yesterday trying to connect my lpx (through) loopback) to my screenflow and finally got the setting right by using the audio preferences in/out set to loopback instead of to quartett where it usually is. The midi track inputs now appeared in my screenflow progress bar and by clicking the appropriate boxes in screenflow I was able to record video of me playing while hearing and recording midi from logic. So far so good. Great! I thought. Today however after completing the midi recordings I wanted to do the same with my mike and record some vocals. I opened, as alway,s an Audio track in Logic selecting input one which is routed to my Apogee. I get input in the Apogee when I speak but no signal on the input in Logic. When I play a midi inst. or the playback in logic "that" is routed to my Audio input instead of the microphone but I get no input from the mike. I checked everything to see why these other tracks are being routed to the mike input I set to input 1. All my instruments and playback tracks are routed to stereo outs 1+2 and shouldn't be showing up on input 1 of the Audio track I am trying t record my mike on. This never happened before when using the normal lpx Audio preferences set to Quartett. Logic has always recognized that I wanted to record from one of the 1-4 quartet inputs and sent the signal to the track I am trying to record and not, of course routing any of the other tracks to that track. Only my mike. I can only assume that having set my lpx audio in/out preferences to loopback instead of Quartet has somehow affected my ability to record audioin this mode to send over to my screenflow viia loopback. As I said, the midi is recording in screenflow fine so I am somehow....almost there. Why is my mike input receiving signal from the other tracks in logic and not from the microphone? Can you help me? I sure hope so. I don't know whereelse to turn. Talking to both Rouge Amoeba and Screenflow people, I know already that they will say that this must be an internal logic problem since the midi is showing up in screenflow as it should. Is there some routing section that I am overlooking in logic? I also noticed that after selecting the appropriate input channel in my audio track that the 48 phantom power button is not showing up like it normally does. I run the audio track over a dbx 286s to process compression and expander there and use "it's" 48v phantom power so that can't be the problem. When I use the headphones plugged into my Quartet I can hear the mike/audio signal but it doesnt show up on the audio input track in logic. What am I doing wrong? Hope that you can help. I can send you any screenshots you might need from any of the above mentioned settings from the various programs I am using if they help to trouble shoot. Thanks so much in advance. You are my only hope for solving this problem in the last link of trying to use lpx in conjunction with my screenflow editor in making my music vids. Sorry for the tediously long description but I find these things so hard to articulate per email. Jim Roche

89085584_ScreenShot2020-07-02at3_32_39PM.png.433ffa3414805e8e2a8ba1f9ea5349fe.png

1804338894_ScreenShot2020-07-02at3_32_58PM.png.58463073c7ddfd32434b54d361df1bdb.png

180230176_ScreenShot2020-07-02at3_34_01PM.png.229b3e0a91b2730e5b5e0972ba7570e3.png

1118873702_ScreenShot2020-07-02at3_35_52PM.png.4f94a4b6ad95dea90866a751c6392dd8.png

One more thing in hope of further illumination for you. When I press and hold down the right mouse click on the input button in the track mixer of the audio track I am trying to activate for record, and scroll down to input I see moving right to choose input 1 that only inputs 1 and 2 are white. The others (down to 12 are greyed out?

I can only assume that having set my lpx audio in/out preferences to loopback instead of Quartet has somehow affected my ability to record audioin.

You might have answered your own question in the quote above.

In your 3rd screen shot try setting Logic's Input Device to the Quartett.

I can only assume that having set my lpx audio in/out preferences to loopback instead of Quartet has somehow affected my ability to record audioin.

You might have answered your own question in the quote above.

In your 3rd screen shot try setting Logic's Input Device to the Quartett.