Automation Points

Zodiac

Is there a way to stop Logic creating automation points on the edges of the region that is being deleted?

Each situation is unique. Can you share a specific situation where this happens, for example with a before and after screenshots describing your issue? How to attach files to your post

Also let us know if you choose to delete the automation along with the region?

All I can say is that when the overall volumes for a track are much lower than I want, I find that the volume automation curves for that track will have automation nodes from place to place on the curve, so that I have to correct the curve, region by region. I know that I can use the "trim" option to adjust the overall volume curve. Is that what logic intends me to do?

Is there a way to stop Logic creating automation points on the edges of the region that is being deleted?

Each situation is unique. Can you share a specific situation where this happens, for example with a before and after screenshots describing your issue? How to attach files to your post

Also let us know if you choose to delete the automation along with the region?

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply! To be honest, it's kind of hard to reproduce this because it is annoying on particular cases but helpful on others to be honest. So let's leave it here, I guess I have to find work arounds and shift between automation settings "Never move, Always move, Ask move" depending on the case. I guess what annoys me the most regarding to automation is that sometimes points are accumulated one on the top of the other and need to delete them one by one. Don't know if there is a solution to that. Also I wish I could see ALL automation used in a track by hitting "A". That has been a request for ages but still waiting :) David, tell them something :P

Another big nuisance just went away with my new computer. I had previously complained that I got the spinning beachball whenever I tried to revert to a previously saved project. My workaround was to hold down the control key throughout. That doesn't happen with my new lap top. It works perfectly without the control key. Thanks for the time you spent on that one.

After eight years, my old computer was obsolete, whether worn out or no longer suitable for today's software needs. So, the age of the computer should be a concern when things start going wrong. I had pages flying off the screen and clickable text executing without even clicking on it, just hovering too close.