Logic Pro 8 Mute Switches Revised

For those of you who are, like me, a little colorblind and if you have been driven crazy, like me, by the fact that you can't tell if the track or mixer mute switch is enabled or not on the channelstrip, (or if the track or mixer object is selected) then I have a fix.

Here's what it looked like normally. I really have to squint to see which channel is muted.

If you can tell at a glance, good on you.

http://fader8.com/misc_pics/MixerMute.jpg

Here's the revised version:

http://fader8.com/misc_pics/NewMixerMute.jpg

I know, I know, the color is a little . . . gay, . . . but damn it, I can see it now!

The attached archive has two tiff files. Back up the originals that are located in the Resources folder (Finder-Logic Pro-View contents) and then replace them with these.

Mixer_Track_Mutes.zip

• 1 month later...

Hey ski, sure.

You need to open your Applications folder and find the Logic Pro app. Ctrl-click it and select "View Contents" from the context menu. The app will temporarily explode into its component folders and let you work with them as ordinary folders.

You don't have to do anything to restore them back to being hidden. Just closing the Finder window does that.

I take it you couldn't see the Mute status either?

Thanks David! Very impressive stuff.

OK, I have a pimping question now!

Let me preface this by saying first that 24 hours into playing with L8 I'm liking it a lot. But there's one thing that's driving me totally batshit...

In L7, when you muted an individual region, a dot appeared to the left of the region's name -- a dot "prefix" so to speak. When you muted the track itself, muted regions retained their dot, and unmuted region's names would be left alone, displayed without a dot. That's what I've been used to for 11/12 years.

But in L8, when you mute a track, the name of any unmuted region is now "prefixed" with a white dot with a grayish-black outline. This is a huge problem for me.

I'd like to change this dot's appearance (make it square, or, make it black, anything but a white circle). But I've looked through all of the resource graphics and didn't see anything that resembled that white dot. Wondering if one of your resource gurus could point me to the appropriate graphic file.

Cheers!

-=sKi=-

Not sure, but note that a muted region is gray, while a muted track's region is still plain in color.

Thanks David.

Taking a closer look now, and I see that when I mute a track, the border of the regions turns gray; the color of the region doesn't change. If the entire region was to turn gray, that would be cool, but it's the dot that's totally throwing me off, unfortunately.